It’s clear that the need for home care agencies has greatly increased – tens of thousands of Baby Boomers turn 65 every day. However, with the increased need for home care businesses comes increased competition, resulting in marketing difficulties. How does one make their home health agency stand out? Here are some marketing tips to help accomplish this:
1. Market To Referral Sources
Referral sources are one of the main ways you will obtain clients. Referral sources include (but aren’t limited to):
- Discharge planners
- Assisted living facilities
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Independent living facilities
- Rehabilitation centers
The referral source(s) you choose to pursue depends on factors affecting your business, such as your specialty or location. Understanding how to market yourself to these entities is crucial. The following are two tips to better your relationship with referral sources:
- Create a referral packet
- Having a referral packet is an easy way for sources to understand your agency. It also builds credibility and trust as it is an example of preparedness. In the packet, be sure to include the company story, provided services, testimonials, earned awards, service area map, onboarding process sheet, and company team biographies.
- Foster positive relationships
- This may seem obvious, but framing the relationship between you and your referral source as a positive one will greatly impact your referrals. Be respectful, professional, and cheerful when interacting with referral professionals. If spending time fostering these relationships is difficult for you, consider hiring a sales representative or a senior care consultant. Consistent behavior is also key when interacting with these individuals.
2. Execute a Successful Blog
A blog is a great way to interact with your audience (and referral sources). To make your blog successful, consider creating educational posts based on your audience’s needs. When an audience member realizes that you’re blog is a helpful source, they will return to your page to fulfill their needs. Consequently, you will create brand recognition, credibility, and positive word-of-mouth marketing, which will generate inbound leads. Have a regular posting schedule and even consider featuring authors outside of your company.
3. Get Involved In Your Community
Never underestimate the power of word-of-mouth marketing! By increasing your community involvement, you will create brand recognition and positive word-of-mouth from the individuals you service. In this regard, you can become involved by speaking at community events related to healthcare or by writing an article for the local newspaper as a guest author.
4. Utilize Social Media
Take time to develop a social media strategy. Not only should you promote your service, you should also promote blog posts, curated content, and press releases. Create engagement by posing questions and providing support. Be sure to promptly interact with your followers when they interact with you by responding to their comments and “liking” their posts. With this however, monitoring your social pages is also significant. Delete, remove, or mark certain comments as “spam” when they are disrespectful or hurtful.
Like any business, marketing your home health agency involves a large amount of work and can be difficult at times, but it can be accomplished! By utilizing these tips and those that are similar, you will soon see your work pay off.