Washington State Orientation Training
- Aging: Age-Related Physical Changes. (2006).Aging: Age-Related Physical Changes. Retrieved from https://nursing.uc.edu/content/dam/nursing/docs/CFAWD/Aging Series/Part 2 Aging Physical Changes.pdf
- Applewhite, A. (2019). This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism. New York: Celadon Books.
- Besdine, R. W., By, Besdine, R. W., & Last full review/revision July 2019 by Richard W. Besdine. (n.d.). Changes in the Body With Aging – Older People’s Health Issues. Retrieved from https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/older-people’s-health-issues/the-aging-body/changes-in-the-body-with-aging.
- Birchenall, J. M., & Streight, M. E. (2013). Mosbys Textbook for the Home Care Aide. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier/Mosby.
- Boss, G. R., & Seegmiller, J. E. (1981). Age-Related Physiological Changes and Their Clinical Significance. Western Journal of Medicine136(6), 434–440. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1273316/
- FastStats – Life Expectancy. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/life-expectancy.htm.
- Healthcare Facilities. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthcarefacilities/.
- Health Information Privacy. (2019, January 4). Retrieved from https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html.
- HHS Office of the Secretary,Office for Civil Rights, & Ocr. (2017, June 16). HIPAA for Professionals. Retrieved from https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/index.html.
- HHS Office of the Secretary,Office for Civil Rights, & Ocr. (2017, June 16). Understanding Patient Safety Confidentiality. Retrieved from https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/patient-safety/index.html.
- HHS Office of the Secretary,Office for Civil Rights, & Ocr. (2017, February 1). Your Rights Under HIPAA. Retrieved from https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-individuals/guidance-materials-for-consumers/index.html.
- Home health patient rights. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.medicare.gov/what-medicare-covers/home-health-patient-rights.
- Leahy, W., Fuzy, J. L., & Grafe, J. (2017). Providing Home Care: A Textbook for Home Health Aides. Albuquerque, NM: Hartman.
- Living Wills, Health Care Proxies, & Advance Health Care Directives. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.americanbar.org/groups/real_property_trust_estate/resources/estate_planning/living_wills_health_care_proxies_advance_health_care_directives/.
- Perkins E.A., Hewitt A. (2016) Coping with Caregiver Stress. In: Rubin I.L., Merrick J., Greydanus D.E., Patel D.R. (eds) Health Care for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities across the Lifespan. Springer, Cham
- Personal Protective Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment (2004). Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/Publications/osha3151.pdf
- Privacy in Health Care. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/ethics/privacy-health-care.
- Workers’ Rights (2017). Retrieved from https://www.osha.gov/Publications/osha3021.pdf