Assisted living software provides a range of functions to simplify facility operations and give administrators more time […]
November is National Home Care & Hospice Month, and CareAcademy honors the contributions of direct care workers (DCWs) and the value they bring to their clients and families. These heroic caregivers play a central role in our healthcare system and in homes across the nation.
End-of-Life Care Certification
One of the greatest challenges a caregiver faces is caring for a dying client. CareAcademy’s End-of-Life Care Certification prepares DCWs to manage the emotionally demanding and stressful nature of caring for a client at the end of life. The certification provides the knowledge and skills needed to support clients’ families and provide optimal care for older adults in their final days. The 7.5-hour curriculum covers such topics as advance directives, palliative care and hospice care, end-of-life care for clients living with dementia, care of a body after death, and coping with grief after the death of a client.
End-of-Life Care Certification Class List
- CARE0504: Overview of End-of-Life Care (1 hr)
- CARE0525: Introduction to Palliative and Hospice Care (52 minutes)
- CARE0116: Providing Person-Centered Care (45 minutes)
- CARE0209: Honoring Your Clients’ Rights, Self-Determination, and Advance Directives (40 min)
- CARE0206: Vital Signs: Part 1 (1 hr)
- CARE0207: Vital Signs: Part 2 (1 hr)
- VID0082: Assisting with the Use of Oxygen (4 minutes)
- CARE1202: End-of-Life Dementia Care (1 hr)
- CARE0900: Coping Skills for Caregivers (1 hr)
- CARE0903: Managing Grief After the Death of a Client (15 minutes)
Level Up Your Caregiver Training
CareAcademy's Specialized Certifications are competency-based training programs that build functional skills in specific areas of elder care. Our certifications can help provide DCWs with opportunities to upskill and move up a career ladder. Certification can also signal to clients and their families that their caregiver is well-trained and capable of delivering a high-quality care experience.
Want to learn more? Contact us to book a demo today.