Recruit More HHAs With Online and In-Person Training
Certify New Home Health Aides at Scale with CareAcademy’s Blended Learning Program
CareAcademy uses an innovative, blended training model to certify new home health aides.
Over the course of six weeks, students take 59 hours of self-paced online classes—anytime, anywhere, on any device.
We provide your RN instructor curriculum and materials to teach hands-on skills in one to four hours of classroom instruction per week.
Students finish the program with an end-of-program knowledge exam and hands-on skills evaluation.
The CareAcademy HHA training program includes:
- Onboarding session materials
- 59 hours of CareAcademy online classes
- 17+ hours of in-person curriculum
- End-of-program knowledge exam
- Hands-on skill competency checklists
- Activity handouts
- Completion certificates
Meets federal and state-specific standards:
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Conditions of Participation for Home Health Aide Services (42 CFR § 484.80), used in many states
- The CareAcademy Compliance Team will work with you to determine eligibility in your state
HHA skill competencies covered:
- Observation, documentation, and reporting
- Vital signs
- Infection control procedures and maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment
- Body functioning
- Emergency procedures
- Physical, emotional, and developmental needs
- Personal hygiene and grooming tasks
- Mobility, transfers, and range of motion
Scale your HHA recruitment with efficient blended training
“With over 6,000 home health aides on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic each day, we have constantly examined ways to improve how we deliver care, and how we engage with our workforce to ensure that the vulnerable New Yorkers who depend on us receive the care they need. Partnering with CareAcademy to deliver high-quality, on-demand training for our direct care workforce is one of the bright spots to come from this focused effort. For the first time, we can provide the critical training our staff requires in a flexible manner, enabling them to safely receive training when and where it is convenient for them. This ensures that our staff is able to execute at the highest level possible as we serve the more than 40,000 people in our care each day.”
Get In Touch To Learn About HHA Training
CareAcademy provides high-quality, state-approved caregiver training for home care agencies that increases caregiver knowledge. Caregivers love to complete all of their needed training from an easy-to-use mobile-friendly platform designed around their style of learning. Home care agencies know their caregivers are current with their training requirements and are able to manage their state specific compliance needs.
Award-Winning Training Platform for Senior Care